All classes are run under the general rules of the USEF unless otherwise specified.
USEF Dressage Rule Book 2019
For a copy of the full 2017 Rule book click the link below.
Under 12 - any rider under 12 years of age.
JNR - Any rider under 18.
Adult Amateur - riders over 18 who fall within the USDF Adult Amateur guidelines.
Open - Any rider.
- All equipment, including whips, bits and spurs, must comply with USEF/USEF rules.
- A simple snaffle bridle is required. A snaffle has only one rein attached to the bit. For LeadLine through to Second Level.
- Martingales of any kind, side or running reins are not allowed.
- Boot or bandages of any kind are not allowed.
- Ear nets are permitted.
- Fly masks are not allowed.
- Bareback riding is not allowed.
- Approved Protective headgear must be worn.
- The appropriate footwear must be worn.
- It is recommened gloves are worn.
- Bridle or Saddle pad numbers are not allowed.
- The test must be videoed from C, where the judge would be.
- The test may be called. The caller is to be positioned at B or E.
- Coaching during the test is not allowed. If Coaching is heard on the audio the test will be eliminated. In these circumstances no refund will be offered.
- A video of a test/ride from another competition that has already been judged will be eliminated. Any video which is suspected of having been filmed during another competition will not be accepted. In these circumstances no refund will be offered.
- The sound for the test must be audible. Videos that are submitted with no sound will be rejected. There must be no music incorporated in to the video you must be able to hear the natural sounds of the test, ie wildlife, horse and rider.